Clown Loaches

freshmike

©µ®¦§‡Ø¶=€®
Reaction score
Along with my obsession for cichlid comes a love for loaches!!! :shifty: 8)

Attachments

• Untitled_Scanned_23.jpg
    Untitled_Scanned_23.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 59
Freshmike

I also like Clown Loaches and have a pair that have now reached 4" in length. I thought that was big until I saw another pair at my LFS going for £75 for the pair. These must have been nearly 8" long - I wonder how big thet can get??

I hear they can get up to 12" long and even bigger than that in some cases. I have 6 of the little guys....all about 3 - 4 inches so far.

But in captivity, they rarely grow more than 10" I heard.

Anyway, lovely chubby clown loaches!! :D

I saw one in a tank with an arrowana at one of the stores here....it was about 11" and probably weighed 5 lb's....looked hilarious!

:hyper: That's big! I wonder how big is the tank it's in... is it for display or for sell? There's some exotic fishies in my lfs that I want sooo much, but those r just for display only, donated by other customers :look:

The arrowana was a really rare one and was 30,000 CAN but the loach was not for sale. The tank was a 260.

great fish! i love clown loaches. when i've got a big enough tank, i'm sure to add a few of them. i recently purchased a few yoyo loaches, and i absolutely love them. they really livened up my tank with their antics. they're grown very quickly with lots of good bloodworm feeding -- they were approximatly two inches when i got them a month ago. they're now easily 3 inches already!

I will 2 x nomination for fotm that is a real pretty fish I wish I had more room I would set me up a tank with just those fish, those are high dollar here where I live they cost about 20 dollars each I have to drive quiet of ways to buy my fish so I know what I am getting a good healthy fish that man that owns the pet shop has a 100 gallon tank sit up for sick fish for the ones that he sales people. I think that would be how I would do things to if I open me up a fish store which is what I am thinking about doing real soon.

I will 2 x nomination for fotm that is a real pretty fish I wish I had more room I would set me up a tank with just those fish, those are high dollar here where I live they cost about 20 dollars each I have to drive quiet of ways to buy my fish so I know what I am getting a good healthy fish that man that owns the pet shop has a 100 gallon tank sit up for sick fish for the ones that he sales people. I think that would be how I would do things to if I open me up a fish store which is what I am thinking about doing real soon.

fish keeper sharks and mollies said:
those are high dollar here where I live they cost about 20 dollars each
no way :eek: i am shocked at my lfs i got my clown loach for now get this ready
3 for £10 :D

Definitely back those nominations for fotm, that is such a great pic! I love my clown loaches, they are easily my favourite fish. Used to have 4 until 1 died from I think gill flukes (v nasty). The other 3 are doing great though, all between 2.5 and 3 inches. Just one question - how do you take a picture that good?! Look at my pitiful attempts!

Attachments

• clownie.jpg
    clownie.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 68

Most reactions

Back