Clown Loaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

load of pollock

Reaction score
Hi to expert topical user

I were thinking getting some few Clown Loaches over this weekend plus 1 Tiger Shark to pair up my 1 loney tiger, but i need be sure will it be ok with other fishs i have as just want to double check before purchasing

2 Silver Dollar
1 Tiger Shark
3 Angel Fish ( Similar colour to Sumatrabarbe) as not sure of the name
2 Black Neon
2 White Molly
2 Bristlenose
1 Algea Eater
2 Zebrabaerbling
4 Sumatrabarbe
and other little vary fishs

as have been told that it very good at cleanin at bottam on gravel so were thinking about it but need to know which other tropical fish that Clown Loaches hate as rival

an few tips on clown loaches thank :)

No clown loaches they need a 90gal tank, and have to be kept in groups to be happy.

eh??? 90gallon? jeez that more than my coldwater fish tank i have now 60gallon do u mean 90litres?? i know have kept in group as i did mention i were thinking getting FEW were thinking about gettin 2 or 3 baby Clowns, and how fast they grow too?

as my tropical tank is 190 litres tank

clown loaches grow fast(within 1 year) to 6" then the growth rate is approx 1" per year untill the max out at 12". They can live for 30+ years, 40years is not uncommon.
The absolute min gallonage is 70 but they will need rehousing as they grow.

your not thinking of adding all the fish you listed to your clodwater tank are you?

Ok...........

I have read up alot about Clown Loaches, as they are my fav fish :wub: they grow between 1-2" per year, they can get quite large, but you must remember this could be in a few years....

I have 4 in a 180litre Juwel Vision..... and will soon be housing them with another 3, that i inherited ;)

They are lovely fish, they are not really the scavenges that you talked about though, they dont rummage much, and they dont clean the tank lol....

C x :*

I have read up alot about Clown Loaches, as they are my fav fish wub.gif they grow between 1-2" per year, they can get quite large, but you must remember this could be in a few years....

In my opinion, it's extremely irresponsible to recommend he get clown loaches on that basis. Firstly his tank is pretty well stocked already especially as there are "other little vary fishs" unlisted. Secondly you have no understanding of wether he will be able to rehome the clowns before they get too big for the tank / stunted.

I have read up alot about Clown Loaches, as they are my fav fish wub.gif they grow between 1-2" per year, they can get quite large, but you must remember this could be in a few years....

In my opinion, it's extremely irresponsible to recommend he get clown loaches on that basis. Firstly his tank is pretty well stocked already especially as there are "other little vary fishs" unlisted. Secondly you have no understanding of wether he will be able to rehome the clowns before they get too big for the tank / stunted.

At what point exactly have i recommended he get these Clown Loaches????
:no: :no:

I was simply telling them a little about them thats all....

The decision is his at the end of the day, i was merely saying that i had got 4 Clown Loach, geeeeeeeeeeshhhhh.

As long as he realised that they grow big, then its up to him to decide whether he wants to take them on, bearing in mind he will need to upgrade his tank at a later date...

C x

Actually they really stay around 8 inches, 12 is hard when in a tank, and a 75 gallon is fine for 3 for the 30 years they live. There my favorvite fish too.

clown loaches grow fast(within 1 year) to 6" then the growth rate is approx 1" per year untill the max out at 12". They can live for 30+ years, 40years is not uncommon.
The absolute min gallonage is 70 but they will need rehousing as they grow.

your not thinking of adding all the fish you listed to your clodwater tank are you?

eh???? clodwater????? do u mean coldwater wolf?? ohhh noo no no i have 3 tanks one 60 gal as mention for shubunkin and one tank is 52 litres house with fantails and 190 litre jewel tank as in tropical so have 2 coldwater tank and 1 tropical :)

so what kind of tropcial fishs that scavenges on bottam??? as my bristlenose alway stay on the orginment

and sadly i wont be upgrade the tropical tank as it new just recently bought it

as i thought clown loaches alway sit on gravel and scavenges along just very similar to my coldwater tank as weather loaches that i have now

so no after reading the post made me double think as it is big as dont need that but the infomation were very helpful on size etc and explaination

many tropical fish scavenge the bottom of tanks. Most catfish and loaches in fact.

I'm not 100% sure these would work in your setup, but here goes:

Cories, red tail black shark, synodontis catfish, yoyo loaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back