Cloudy water??

cynqueen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I notice last night that Bubble's water tank is kinda cloudy - I panicked and tested for amonia - it was at 0 ... he is due for water change tomorrow. Is there another reason for cloudy water other than amonia? :huh:

Iadded a rock decoration about 1 week ago, is it possible this is the cause?

Here is the type of resin rock it is

Attachments

• resin_rock.gif
    resin_rock.gif
    38.5 KB · Views: 23
well, if u have a unfiltered tank, u can expect it to do that! second off, the rock has to do nothing with it, i have one that looks very similar.

I have not been on the site in months, so I would not know anything about your tank if you posted info on it elsewhere. Therefore: I would like for you to tell us how old the tank is, if it is a tank, what fish are in it, and what size the tank or bowl is.

I have not been on the site in months, so I would not know anything about your tank if you posted info on it elsewhere. Therefore: I would like for you to tell us how old the tank is, if it is a tank, what fish are in it, and what size the tank or bowl is.
Tank info: unfiltered, unheated 1.7 gallon (with no substrate) with 1 betta & 1 snail. Have had it 3 weeks. 100% water changes ever week, due tomorrow.

well, if u have a unfiltered tank, u can expect it to do that! second off, the rock has to do nothing with it, i have one that looks very similar.
Do you find your rock leaves "deposits" on the bottom of the tank? My snail absolutely loves the darned rock but it is leaving a mess on the bottom of the tank ... little orangy bits everywhere -_-

i don't keep a snail for starters. and i don't think u should do 100% water changes every week, more like every month, for everyweek, do 10%-25% water changes.

For a betta in an uncycled tank/bowl, 100% weekly water changes are much better, I have a betta with a snail and do 100% changes twice weekly. The cloudiness could be due to overfeeding because the food will spoil and cloud water, or it could just be from the snail, they produce a lot of waste. I love all three of mine, but they make more frequent water changes neccessary. :)

Most reactions

Back