Cloudy Water

jdkxpress

Reaction score
Ive just set my fish tank up 2days ago and the water has got very cloudy. What should i do now??

are there any fish in the tank? what size is the tank?

when you buy a new aquarium, everything is obviously new, and needs to acheive a status quo. This is called a cycle. really you should let your tank run without fish for a week or so before adding fish. one day, you will look at the tank and the water will become clear. it has to run a biological cycle.

did you wash the gravel/sand before you set it all up? If you didn't then this could be a possible reason as to why the water is looking cloudy.

i dont currently have any fish in the tank. it is a rio125

Probably just some sort of bacterial bloom. Nothing to get worried about.
It'll go away on it's own in a little while.

Whenever I do water changes in my tanks established tanks, the water always goes cloudy for about a day or so afterwards. No biggie :)

I'd wait for the cludyness to clear. If its still there in a few days, add a binding agent to the tank, making the particles bunch together, and get trapped in the filter. Most forms of cloudyness clear themselves within a few days, given time.

Once its cleared, remeber that a fishless cycle is better of your fish, than a fish in cycle. For more details on both, see the pinned topics at the top of this forum.

HTH
rabbut

Most reactions

Back