Cloudy Water Revisited

a_w_jr

Reaction score
So I've been annoyed with my water looking cloudy. Well after numerous water changes with no result, i think i figured out the problem. The glass under the lighting is cloudy. I have wiped and wiped it but the glass isn't getting any better. So what is the best type of glass i should get to replace. has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks all

Al

yes i had this problem then i figured out that it was something to do with the filter try cleaning out your filter if that does not work then i dont know what it is :thumbs:

Yes, when you change your water, some bacteria are killed. If you do too many changes, it somehow gets your tank to do a mini cycle, or in your case a bacteria bloom

Oh forgot to ask, how long has the tank been setup, stats, and fish.

You may be experiencing NTS or New Tank Syndrome

Yes, when you change your water, some bacteria are killed. If you do too many changes, it somehow gets your tank to do a mini cycle, or in your case a bacteria bloom

Oh forgot to ask, how long has the tank been setup, stats, and fish.

You may be experiencing NTS or New Tank Syndrome

My tanks been up for about 10 months now...The water stats are dead on, ph is a little low due to driftwood. My tap stats are ideal as well. The only time my tank gave me an issue was when i removed too much water from it about 4 months ago, it had to re bloom, but other than that its been very good to me. My driftwood is leaking tannins into the water,hence the water change questions. I had the wood soaking for about 3 weeks, but they still are leaking, oh well. I do want my water to become clear, it some ways it never has been, always a bit hazey, so i'm really dedicating myself to the water changes to help clear up the water.

My tank is 100 us gals, with an ehiem 2226 filter. This whole setup was given to my wife and I, i just want to do it justice!

Keep the comments coming

Your under filtred.

There is another member on the cichlid forums with a tank the same size as yours. However he is running 4-5 canisters. Try something like that. In big tanks like that you would want 10-15 times of rotations with the filters.

that would make sense then, so how would i go about it. Is there a way to piggyback to filters if i wanted or is it best to just break down and buy 1 that gets the job done?

Most reactions

Back