Cleaning Glass

dayzofspeed

Fish Herder
Reaction score
ok so i have noticed some very faint lightish brown round patches (they are very see through) appearing on my front glass, so for the first time since i put SW in the tank i had to get my cleaner out its my old FW magfloat, and it has raised a question in my mind, are magnets less effective in SW as the bloody thing keeps disconnecting from itself grrrrrr and have i just murdered all the pods that were on the glass?

I wouldn't think they are less effective, I use magnets to attach my powerheads! There are some good handled scraper cleaning thingies (I dont know their name haha), I have one with blades on the end another a sponge! Although I haven't had to clean my glass yet *touch wood*

Or something like this... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AQUARIUM-ALGAE-SCRAPER-24-LONG-HANDLE-FISH-TANK-FISH-/320689261997?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item4aaa91cdad

I use a soft scourer with the sponge on the back to clean the glass. Gets everything off. Even coraline spores which can be a pain to remove.

I have a mag cleaner also but rarely use it.

I use a soft scourer with the sponge on the back to clean the glass. Gets everything off. Even coraline spores which can be a pain to remove.

I have a mag cleaner also but rarely use it.

+ 1 although I also have a squiggy/blade scrapper I use sometimes.

yeah, i use a sponge, as my magnet scratched my tank a bit

i also use the sponge / soft scourer but please be warned i used one with a handle for leverage and managed to scratch my glass. Dont use anything too hardcore!

I'm using an aqua medic scrapper. Very happy with it and haven't scratched my glass.

I think it would take 3-4x longer using a magnet compared to a big scrapper.

I use:

• kitchen sponge once a week and get bitten by my clowns in the process :blink:
  • Kent pro - long handled blade to get rid of coraline spots on the front glass - dont get bitten by clowns :kana:
  • And daily, use a magfloat on the front and yep, you guessed it, the blooming clowns can't bite me and
boy do I tell them ' you cant get me ner nerky ner ner!! Childish, ME!!

Oh also use the mop thing that comes with the Kent pro on holidays and high days to clean the back!!

Why do your clowns hate you Seffie?

I use a mag float but they are rated for the thickness of glass the one for my reef tank 10mm is useless on my FOWLR 12mm had to get a bigger size, mine are both Super Pro ones which are available in 3 sizes and brilliant use them daily on each tank.

Most reactions

Back