Clay

Myuu

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
School has started again and I now have access to the pottery room. I thought instead of buying rocks, I could 'make' rocks. I know the only things dangerous in clay is silica, but that's only when clay is bone dry and you can scape dust off of it. After it's been fired in the kiln twice, it's water proof, I could eat off it, etc.

My main question is about the glaze. Glaze is just liquid glass BTW. I wanted to put maybe a little bit of green on parts of it, to make it look like algea. Some glazes have lead is them (I think it's lead), but I know which one's are toxic.

Could I use clay in my aqaurium? What about with glaze?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not totally sure what you mean by foodsafe. My teachers hand mix their glaze. I'll have to ask them on tuesday. If it's not, I'll prolly buy my own glaze, or just not use glaze. Thanks!

Foodsafe will mean it can be used on things like bowls, plates etc that you would put food on and it wouldnt contaminate the food.

Oh yeah! Teacher said we could use the stuff to put food on. My teaxher even uses a mug he made for coffee. Sweetness.

Most reactions

Back