Christmas comes early

trout_pout

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
no, DO NOT open your presents now, it is not christmas, but it feel like it is. Earlier at about 6:20pm I went to my LFS aka pets at home. I was supposed to be collecting my ICH infected kisser to put into my 40 gallon which has just been proved stable. I was also going to add in 4 clown loaches to liven up the bottom.
Anyway, I enter and talk to the manager about how my fish had died (pleco, 2 cory's, 1 kisser) and he makes the offer of allowing me to get some fish to the price of those deceased. That was approx £12, he asks me how many fish I would like, So I said that I would like my kisser back and i'd pay for 1 clwon loach and get one free, he said that the kisser was in quarantine and he didn't think it was healthy at all as it was scraping against the glass of the tank. So he says "tell you what I'll do a straight swap" and he gives me 4 clown loaches (last ones in the shop at £5.99 each) for FREE!!!
He then talks about ICH and the problems and gives us a free ich treatment when i looked it was worth like £10 we got that for free as well. God some people are nice aren't they. I'm happy. What do you guys think of this?

Hah nice one. Whereabouts was this Pets At Home? The only Pets At Home ive ever been to is in Guiseley, Leeds. They have a nice selection of fish but i have find in this particular store that the staff are not tremendously knowledgeable and there are always dead fish in the tanks, unremoved. The shop has good prices and so i shop there sometimes, as where i work is a long way from my house. Sounds like u got urself a gud shop, gud deal!

My LFS is in cardiff on Newport road, which leads to Newport (strange really).
But I agree they are good at the store, they sometimes break the rules and give me another fish if mine has died after 7 days.

Most reactions

Back