Choosing Co2 Bottle Size

tanyauk

Reaction score
Hello! I have fish tank which is about 200 litres (48in long) and I am using 500ml CO2 bottle for a month. I want to upgrade my CO2 system with a larger bottle, what size I should go for? I have a choice 2 kg and 3kg bottle and the price difference is 13 pounds.
How long will they last for?
Thank you

Not sure how long either would last for, but maybe you should think about the size of the cylinder? Which would be easiest for you to hide away ?

Hello! I have fish tank which is about 200 litres (48in long) and I am using 500ml CO2 bottle for a month. I want to upgrade my CO2 system with a larger bottle, what size I should go for? I have a choice 2 kg and 3kg bottle and the price difference is 13 pounds.
How long will they last for?
Thank you

Well if you are using 1 x 500ml bottle per month, a 2Kg bottle holds 4 times the volume of gas so should last approx 4 times as long. Assuming that your rate of CO2 usage remains the same.

You should be able to pick up a good condition 2KG fire extinguisher for about £15 and a refill would be about another £15. (well thats what I pay)

[thank you for your replies, refill for 2kg bottle costs 4 pounds at local gas company, the height of bottles is the same, just width is different.

Most reactions

Back