Chocolate Gourami

spilz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hello, yesterday i purchased a small chocolate gourami for £4.50 which had been at my local maidenhead fish store for several weeks and is in perfect health. i put him in my tank and hes settled in very well so far, despite what ive heard about them, my tank is softwater, and very well planted, with loads of hiding places that are dark, but still, the gourami insists on playing in the bubbles 24/7. i have to say, it is probably one of the nicest fish i have seen, apart from plecs and black ghosts (my favs). imo its the best looking gourami (no arguments please lol) and im very happy with it. ill get some pics up soon, just wondering what other people have heard/ learned about these fish

yer i agree mate, my dad has a massive kissing gourami called george lol. hes the only fish weve ever named, purely because hes such a character, bit of a bully, he used to be mine,but got too big, so now he rules my dads tank.

I also love these fish and have bred them a few times. They are actually quite hardy if you keep them in the right conditions. I've always kept them in large groups though so I don't know how one on its own will do.

Yeh CG are my joint top favs along with Electric Blue Dwarf Gouramis!

Most reactions

Back