Chinchilla

Sorrell

If you're a bird, I'm a bird
Reaction score
My friend called me last night, the live in an apartment and they aren't allowed to have pets. They have a ferret, a cat, a chinchilla, and a fish tank. Well, the decided they better cut down some so she called and and asked if I wanted a chinchilla. Her boyfriend was gonna let it go in a field :crazy: It's 50 in the day here and 30's at night, the cold alone would kill him. :blink:

I'm gonna go get him in about an hour and then I'll post pictures and stuff :thumbs:

thats great!
and eeek to letting him go in the field :crazy:
some guys are so stupid :p
most store bought pets can't survive in the wild after being born and living in captivity
they have instincts yes but because they are domesticated they are far too dependant and trusting :blink:

Good luck with him Steph. :D Can't wait to see pictures of the cutie! :wub:

I got some pictures! He is so cool and so soft it's unreal. :) My son named him Barney and says he is his best friend :wub:

Attachments

• barney.JPG
    barney.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 51
:dunno: is barney hand tamed?
one thing about chinchillas to remember, especially since you have your boy, is that it is in their nature to be fast and alert and if something goes wrong they can bite, but will most often scramble
the worst part is that they have sharp little nails and will flail much like a spooked cat, scratching any bare skin
just a word of warning
be careful if barney is spooky :)

Yes he is tame :) However, my kids aren't aloud to hold him, but they pet him in my lap and such. He also has one of those exercise balls that he can run around the house in, so they think that's great too :D

awww! he's a cutie :wub: ~! I wanted one but my mom says we have enough pets (plus she doesn't like anything that looks like a mouse).

Most reactions

Back