Checking In

james_fish

Chuck, Leader Of Ze People.
Reaction score
Hello fishforums.net,

Old member just hanging about checking out some threads, good to see some old names still about.

Current setup is a 60us gal tropical freshwater plantless hyphessobrycon community.
Stocking is 15no wild caught hyphessobrycon erythrostigma (5 are standard coloration, 10 are ‘green back’ variant)
pH level sits below 6.0, temperature at 24c.
Filtration and heat comes from an Oase Biomaster thermo 350, and light comes from a Fluval F&P 2.0 LED unit. I also run a Sicce Nano Voyager for water movement as well as a surface skimmer.
Tank has a natural sand substrate decorated with driftwood and oak leaf litter, water is a brown/yellow tinged natural colour.

Edit - very sad to read Byron Hosking has recently passed away.

Edit - I live in Wigan (born and bred) Pier Aquatics is obviously my go to store.

All the best,
James.

Last edited:
Welcome back, James... :hi:

Welcome back, James... :hi:

Thank you EmeraldKing.

I don’t suppose you know if a member with username something like T1ARKMAN is still around do you? Can’t quite remember the exact profile name. He had an absolute massive tank with stingrays and large predatory fish. Just wondered if he was still about?

James.

Thank you EmeraldKing.

I don’t suppose you know if a member with username something like T1ARKMAN is still around do you? Can’t quite remember the exact profile name. He had an absolute massive tank with stingrays and large predatory fish. Just wondered if he was still about?

James.
Unfortunately, I don't...

Welcome back James :)

I'd love to see photos of your fish and tank.

I agree it is very sad about Byron, a huge loss here. I haven't heard of the name you mentioned either. The closest I can think of is @TwoTankAmin ?

a member with username something like T1ARKMAN

He was T1KARMANN. Unfortunately the last time he was on the forum was 2015. I found him by using the search function for "sting ray" (stingray didn't find him)

He was T1KARMANN. Unfortunately the last time he was on the forum was 2015. I found him by using the search function for "sting ray" (stingray didn't find him)

Thank you Essjay, that’s him. Shame he’s not on the forum. Just wondered how his health was.

Found this article on PFK of him and his fish.

All the best.

Welcome back James :)

I'd love to see photos of your fish and tank.

I agree it is very sad about Byron, a huge loss here. I haven't heard of the name you mentioned either. The closest I can think of is @TwoTankAmin ?
Thank you Naughts.

Tank isn't much to look at currently but got some plans so will probably upload in the near future.

Thanks to @Essjay we’ve found him!

All the best.

Thank you EmeraldKing.

James.
I met him at his home, must be 12 to 15 years ago or something. I think he resurfaced on monsterfishkeepers com a few months back. I think.

I met him at his home, must be 12 to 15 years ago or something. I think he resurfaced on monsterfishkeepers com a few months back. I think.

Cheers AJ, that’s good to read.

All the best.

Most reactions

Back