Cheap Salt Help Please :)

Chris_C

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Does anybody have any good sites for cheap salt. Probably going to be looking at D&D salt or Tropic Marin. Any help would be much appreciated :good:

http://www.h2oaquatics.co.uk/salt-mixes-and-substrates/salt-mixes
I used these there very quick delivery and they get my vote.

http://www.swelluk.com/ are fantastic! Quick delivery and I can send you on a 10% discount too but cant post here lol!
I get Coral pro £45 delivered a 22kg tub :good: Greeat delivery too, got mine next day!

I get my salt from www.seapets.co.uk and order by the bucket, pretty sure it's free delivery :)

Forgot to add I use the Red Sea Salt :)

If you are in the UK I am not sure of anywhere, but in the USA most salts seems to be the same price everywhere.
I use Tropic Marin Pro Reef and have used the original Tropic Marin and it gets my vote.
The only thing I don't like about it is that it is by far one of the most expensive salts.

It may be cheaper in the UK because its close to germany where TM is made but in the US TM is $20-$20 more than most other salts for a 200 gallon bucket.

Does anybody have any good sites for cheap salt. Probably going to be looking at D&D salt or Tropic Marin. Any help would be much appreciated :good:

I use tropic marin pro reef salt and I get it cheap off fleebay!

My LFS has a guy who has been coming in buying stuff for a while to set up a tank. The other day the oqwner asked the guy where he was getting his salt. His reply in broken English was that he ordered catering grade Sea Salt in bulk and uses that :blink:
They have refused to sell him any Livestock until he brings water for testing and buys some proper salt :lol:

I use tropic marin pro reef salt and I get it cheap off fleebay!

I searched ebay but the large tubs seems as pricey as anywhere :(

My LFS has a guy who has been coming in buying stuff for a while to set up a tank. The other day the oqwner asked the guy where he was getting his salt. His reply in broken English was that he ordered catering grade Sea Salt in bulk and uses that :blink:
They have refused to sell him any Livestock until he brings water for testing and buys some proper salt :lol:

:rofl:

Sorry abit off topic but i used once TMC and PO4 in this things are crazy, i always used Reef Crystals and its not worth to me personally saving couple of quid when you see that your tank is doing well, if you dont mind waiting a day before water change and can mix salt in advance Red Sea from Arcadia is good as well.

Most reactions

Back