Cheap RO Units

BigRichD

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with cheap RO units?

Like this 4-stage 50 GPD for £42 https://www.collinswaterproductsltd.co.uk/ourshop/prod_5999238-4-stage-50gpd-aquarium-system.html

TIA

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't use RO so others will give better thoughts but I tend to feel that if you buy cheap, cheap is what you get. I'm a bit of a computer geek and have found that spending more on hardware is usually less expensive in the long run. I'm sure that this would be true with most things.

You can save money by only getting a 3 stage unit. You don't need the I resin cartridge. I haven't compared costs so I don't know which is cheapest. Also most unties come with a 1 gallon tank to store water for drinking If you intend to put the water is a bucket to store before use you might consider systems without a small one gallon tank. tank. However before you start comparing cost determine the production rate you need. Typically RO system have a gallons per day rating . Determine the GPD rating you need and then start focusing on unit with the desigred GPD rating.

The 50 gallon per day unit is a good choice and as I stated you don't need the DI cartridge.

Most reactions

Back