Change In Water

wflash3

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
lately i noticed my tank water has become rather merky, this has happened before and i had done a water change and it was ok...but i dont know if its a sign of something im missing? my LFS store said it had something to do with bacteria??
anyone have any ideas?

flash

bacteria??
Did he explain any further as that is a bit random mate :good:

How often are your your water changes. are you adding any high fat/protein food to the tank, any major polouting fish

i think he said bacteria bloom....i have no major poluting fish, but now that i look at my tank it seems much clearer, i usually do water changes every 2 weeks.

flash

Bacterial blooms can cause drastic shifts in pH. O2 plummets, CO2 rises, pH drops, and then calcium carbonate precipitates out of solution and appears cloudy in the salt form.

Bacterial blooms can cause drastic shifts in pH. O2 plummets, CO2 rises, pH drops, and then calcium carbonate precipitates out of solution and appears cloudy in the salt form.

oh crap......how do i know if thats really it? the water cleared up though, and ima do a water change now....

flash

I had this with a FW setup and regular water changes cleared it up so in my humble opinion I would increase the frequency of your water changes look at exactly what you are putting into the tank to try and find what is fueling it.

lately i noticed my tank water has become rather merky, this has happened before and i had done a water change and it was ok...but i dont know if its a sign of something im missing? my LFS store said it had something to do with bacteria??
anyone have any ideas?

flash

I have had quite alot of sucess with ploy fliters to help clear water.

Most reactions

Back