Centerpiece Fish

JJ1234567

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Heres the premise: You have a 20 gallon reef tank, with a 10 gallon sump. 30x12x12 (although mine is going to be acrylic and for no extra cost I can do 30x14x14..it adds a few gallons anyways). You are only going to put ONE fish in there. What would it be?

Just looking for ideas. I was going to do a small community with my pair of B+W clowns, but I want them to have their own tank (plan on doing two 20's). So one fish. One stunning fish. Pick away.

I was thinking twinspot lion. According to two of the three fish books I have it only gets to be 2.5-3.5 inches in captivity. so a tank of that size would be pretty good.

20 (US) G would be a bit to small for either Flame or CB IMO

I would suggest looking in to Gobies, Damselfish, Clownfish, Cardinalfish, Dartfish, Blennys,

If you did as SF05 was suggesting I don't see a problem with keeping a dwarf angel.

Otherwise, the usual suspects as Chac suggested.

Ben

Find some crazy exotic looking wrasse or fairy wrasse :D

No manderins in a 20, nor a flame angel.

If you want a midwater 'centerpiece', a Banggai fits the bill...interesting shape, colors and not a big swimmer, usually hangs midwater.

If you want a curious sitter/squatter, go for a blenny.

Most wrasses don't deserve in be a tank 20 and under. They need space to swim. SH

SH

I think a 20L would suit a wrasse more than a 24 cube it has an extra 12" of swimming room horizontally rather than vertically which is alot more important for active fish :look:

I would tend to agree. Also I have managed to get the tanks volume up to something just barely over 30 gallons. 30x15x15...so maybe the coral beauty.

now heres another quickie question, think 130 watts is sufficeint for most corals? Note: do not want a nem or most types of stoney corals (mostly just a hammer coral and an open brain)

Plenty. I keep a hammer and an open brain at 24" dep under a mere 196w of PC lighting and they're doing fantastic

ya ide go for a blenny, maybe something colorfull, i have a lawnmower blenny and its a challenge to get them to eat it's been a hassle to get it to eat i mean it doesnt move from the relative area and well i know it let the cleaner shrimp clean it but ya any blenny is cool, o o o i definitley would have to say a gr8 gr8 gr8 lookign fish would havta b, a hawaiian bristletooth or a chevron tang in better terms are really cool looking, for a 20. it only gets 3-4" ;)

Most reactions

Back