Catfish

ibat46

Reaction score
hello again my son origanly bought this fish at a local pet shop about 9 or 10 years .it has been in a few tanks kept with goldfish.my 5 goldfish 1 9inch pleco catfish and mr passenis all have moved into a new 6 foot tank, all were in a 3 foot tank .it is about seven inchs long.never feed it anything special.just feed with goldfishfood and catfish pellets.ihave a couple of pictures but was unable to upload files are to big.i could e mail them if i had an email address. i have a fluavl 4 filtering this tank and three airstones. i want to buy an external filter rena xp3 ,fx5 any ideas .thank you for your [email protected] :good:

Hi there and welcome to the forum :)

The name you gave doesn't turn up a single result on google for me- are you sure you spelled the name properly (its very rare for google to turn up no results whatsoever)? Can you get any pics of the fish?

What have you been feeding this fish during the time you have been keeping it and how much/often on average :) ?

If you're thinking what I'd guess you're thinking, Ituglanis aren't parasitic. Think more along the line of weather loach.

Yep, i was thinking maybe weather loach or khuli loach. I wonder if it accepts bloodworms? It would be good to find out more info on these fish as they look pretty rare.

Yep, i was thinking maybe weather loach or khuli loach. I wonder if it accepts bloodworms? It would be good to find out more info on these fish as they look pretty rare.

Probably eats anything. If it actually is an Ituglanis then it is pretty rare, I'd certainly guess it's more of a hitch hiker than caught on purpose. But again, the magic if- there's a huge amount of similar catfish that aren't overtly rare.

But again, the magic if- there's a huge amount of similar catfish that aren't overtly rare.

Yes thats the major problem with a lot of rare catfish like this, there are so many that look so similar to each other and can only be distinguished from each other by the expert eye.
ibat46 Can you get any pics of the fish in question just so we can make sure it has been accurately ID'd? Its just there are a lot of loaches and catfish that can look very similar to yours, so its important to make sure you know what you have is actually what you have :thumbs: .

Most reactions

Back