Catfish Type!

allgipan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi folks, yet again I am asking what fish is this?

I bought what I was reliably informed was an upside down catfish only to discover that it looked nothing like the pics I found online. On a website, I read that the upside down catfish is often mis-sold and that they can often give you either s.nigrita or s.robbianus. Apparently one of these can grow quite large and will eat anything smaller than it, and as I am finding this catfish to be a bit of a nipper I am now concerned. I am not one for buying just anything but the situation was there and I was daft!

Please help!

Thanks lots :good:

Attachments

• catfish.jpg
    catfish.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 50
How big is it now?
It is not a robbianus, but looks to me an adult S. eupterous, but I am cirtanly not sure on this.
It doesent look like a huge Syno, so I would say that it was going to max out at 6", but without knowing much about it, this is not a great answer.

How big is it now?
It is not a robbianus, but looks to me an adult S. eupterous, but I am cirtanly not sure on this.
It doesent look like a huge Syno, so I would say that it was going to max out at 6", but without knowing much about it, this is not a great answer.

Hi and thanks for your reply, currently its 2 and half inches long, hope it stays small :unsure:

Mmm, best thing to do is check with a retailer asap if they can take it if it gets too big, but say to them it is not a cirtanty. This should give you some security.

Most reactions

Back