5teady_2012

Here to help
Reaction score
Can anyone id this fish for me plz

Thanks

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

hi Wayne, its a feather fin catfish, looks the same as mine(ugly blighter lol) syno-something, mines a bit darker in colour than yours but the same otherwise, including those yukky whiskers, and mine is very aggressive towards a plec in the same tank too :)- i like him really ,just trying to not to get too attched as they all have to go, but mine sits at the front of the tank peering out from behind a piece of wood
here he is :)

059-1.jpg

Thanks for that shell, its exactly the same :)

Are they ok in with young plecs?
and also blackchins?

well to be honest wayne, i dont know an awful lot about them, but from what i have seen this one is very aggressive, he hates the plec-tho the plec is large, and any other fish that comes near his bit of wood will be chased off too- no idea on the black chin tho soz :)

Synodontis eupterus

shelagh xxx

a featherfin catfish is synodontis eupterus

They can be territorial to other bottom dwellers, free swimming fish should be fine
I used to have two which were always getting chased and attacked by my big male ancistrus and my pimelodella cat and so i had to rehome them,
(although they looked slightly different to yours which could mean they're a hybrid as said above),

where did u get him Wayne, as i have never seen them before, i had this one with the tank i bought,along with a few other very big fish that i am trying to re-home, without much luck

shelagh xxx

Most reactions

Back