Catfish Id Pleaseee

liamsmith15

Reaction score
I cant remember for the life of me what these were called. 

I was wold that they wont grow much more than 6 inches. is this true?

IMAG0331_BURST007.jpg

They are a Pimelodeous catfish of some kind but to my eye with the shoulder marking like that these are Pimelodeous Ornatus which is one of the larger growing species.

Wills

Pictus catfish or Pimelodus pictus if you want to get technical.  They don't get much larger then 5 inches or so, some do.  I have 7 of them and the biggest is about 4 inches or so and they're only about 4ish months old or so.

There are two species one being spotted and one being striped and the striped ones do grow larger then the spotted but from my experience  you have the spotted version same as me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82GLEfTj0sY

Wills said:
They are a Pimelodeous catfish of some kind but to my eye with the shoulder marking like that these are Pimelodeous Ornatus which is one of the larger growing species.

Wills
I haven't seen any Ornatus have spots on their tails, I have one thats pretty bland but he still has some spots on his tail and near his head

I thought pictus catfish grow 12 inches and are mega agressive. Maybe I'm wrong. I've never kept them.

Nope, they dont get that large and aren't aggressive  but they will eat anything that fits into their mouth.  I lost alot of Harlequin Rasbora when these guys were only 2 inches long

i would say pictus catfish nice look fish love them :)

Most reactions

Back