Catfish Help Please

Carina2010

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum... i was searching google trying to identify a catfish and couldnt find anything (as i dont know what the catfish is called) so i figure someone on here will know

ive just bought a new tank... didnt want any fish with it but it came with a catfish and a plec...

i want to know.... a) what is it called b)can it stay in a tank or does it need to go to the local aquarium for them to have in their tanks? c) if it can be in my tank.... will it eat every fish in sight

thanks for your help

Carina :)

Attachments

• !B6Nghw!!mk~$(KGrHqQOKkIEyOD6OnQjBMwqOqw-f!~~_12.jpg
    !B6Nghw!!mk~$(KGrHqQOKkIEyOD6OnQjBMwqOqw-f!~~_12.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 67
Its a Clarias or marbled walking catfish
I used to have an 18 inch one

Lovely fish but in my opinion very aggressive with tank mates

If you keep that you need a large tank probably about 6ft long and your choice of tank mates will have to be big enough not to be foodalthough mine killed large tinfoil barbs and an oscar

Hi, new to the forum... i was searching google trying to identify a catfish and couldnt find anything (as i dont know what the catfish is called) so i figure someone on here will know

ive just bought a new tank... didnt want any fish with it but it came with a catfish and a plec...

i want to know.... a) what is it called b)can it stay in a tank or does it need to go to the local aquarium for them to have in their tanks? c) if it can be in my tank.... will it eat every fish in sight

thanks for your help

Carina :)

that a clarius catfish they
can grow up to 2 and a half foot
to three foot iused to have two of them

ok thanks very much

I origionally bought the tank for my turtles...but because it came with the catfish the turtles are in their old tank until i decide what to do with the catfish lol

shame the catfish cant go in with the turtles haha

Most reactions

Back