Catfish For 4X2X2

josh_g

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hey looking for a decent size, nice looking, fairly active catfish for a 4x2x2 tank? Just sold on my pictus to make room. Any ideas guys?

Thanks

ive got an oscar, trimac, jaguar, jack dempsey, fire eel and BGK. Im getting the 6x2x2 from nda after xmas so wanting a catfish that grows fairly large.

Tough mix to add to. All the available dorads get in excess of 24", you may be able to get a few decent sized Platydoras armulatus, and will have no trouble getting a large plec, but any of the soft skinned pimelodids will either get terrorised by the tank makes, or do the same to them.

Martin

Personally, I'd say your tank even at 6ft is going to be full with what you have already!!

Oscar is about 12"
Eel about 2.5-3ft
Bgk about 10-11" ish
Jaguar and trimac about the same? 11"
Even the I'd gets a good size!

yeah maybe il go without a catfish in that tank as i forgot 2 mention i had a royal plec in there aswell. I was thinking of getting a bumblebee catfish for my other tank as someone living close 2 me has a couple for sale he says one of them is around 5-6" but i thought bumblebee's only got to around 3"???

I've kept the fish you have and although experiences differ, I think your Trimac and Jag will cause problems for your Oscar, JD and tankmates...Trimac has been one of the most aggressive cichlids I've ever kept and he grew up from juvenile age with his tankmates. How big are your fish currently? It's a very difficult balance with CA cichlids and anything could change at anytime.

all fish are around 8-9" all the fish are fine really the jd chases the jag sometimes but nothing serious but the trimac is a problem he's a tough character think i will be rehoming him soon. though the cichlids have all grown up together from 1-2"

if you sort the current stocking out a bit get a bunch of sorubim lima, brilliant catfish, quite active and eventually get to a decent size.

No haven't got it anymore needed money so sold a few fish unfortunately he was the first 1 to go.

Most reactions

Back