Cat Id

Box

Fishaholic
Reaction score
photo1-1.jpg

photo-10.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic but can someone Id please

kind of looks like a hoplo to me but like you say from the pic its hard to tell...maybe google image it and see if thats close?

Will do cheers

That's the one thanks

no worries. they're great fish. nice and active compared to plecos - lots of swimming, not just sucking on the glass!

Yeah lots of movement
He's in a 4 footer is that enough room I read they only max out at around 6 inches is that right?

Yeah nice fish :) Hoplos are great! Looks to be one of the larger species, like you say gets to about 6 inches but sometimes larger, upto about 8. A four foot is great for them so long as its not really shallow front to back.

Wills

Yeah nice fish :) Hoplos are great! Looks to be one of the larger species, like you say gets to about 6 inches but sometimes larger, upto about 8. A four foot is great for them so long as its not really shallow front to back.

Wills
18 inches front to back

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/41576-hoplo-catfish/

seems that 4ft would be fine...have you only got the one? says here either singularly or in a group of +3 is best. i saw on youtube someone had a hoplo only setup which was awesome...going to try and find the link for you...
Yeah mate just the one he was given to me from a fish keeping buddy

Sounds like a good home :) If you search for hoplo catfish on planet catfish.com it will give you details on which species you have, would be nice if you could get an other 2 to make a trio of them :)

Wills

Most reactions

Back