🐠 TOTM CassCats - October 2024 Tank of the Month Winner (17 to 30 Gallons)

October FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

connorlindeman

Plant Man
Contest Moderator
5x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
October 2024 Tank
of the Month Contest
We had 5 awesome tanks entered in this month's TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 17 to 30 gallons but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
CassCats
:hooray:
Let's all congratulate them
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description
20240927_191219.jpg

Tank size: 20 gallon long asian themed community
Stock:
Rasbora sarawakensis
Pangio sp
Bamboo shrimp
Assorted elderly fish (couple cherry barbs, pseudomugil)

GH 5°
KH 3°
pH 7
Temperature 75F (May get a little warmer in summer months, but I don't heat it in summer)

Filtration is a DIY above tank planter sump, powered by an internal pump. Brings tank volume closer to 25 gallons instead of 20 gallons. Heater is hidden inside the filter.

The elderly fish are living out whatever they have left, I mean the cherry barbs alone are like 6-7 years old and I dont plan to add more as they dwindle, same for the pseudomugil gertrudae who are younger but old for their respective lifespans. Theyre nearing their 3rd year which is ancient already for them as they average out 1-2 years expenctency.

Going forward this tank will remain the sarawakensis and pangio. I dont even know bow many pangio there are. Couple years ago my pangio doriae spawned and given i dont see every single loach out at once, i cannot tell you how many babies survived. I just ended up counting an extra that i didnt have to start, so who the heck knows. I know theres upward of 20 in there at least 🙃

that said, nitrates are negligible in this tank if i dont dose fertilizer. Its still more stocked than id like, but the other "retirement" tank is too warm for the barbs and too many bigger fish thatd eat the pseudomugil, so this tank was the best retirement option for them.

Plants are all asian originated plants, plus cladophora algae. I purposely use the algae in this tank, as I want a more natural appearance for this one.

Congrats @CassCats for the win with your 20 gallon Asian community. Awesome tank!
Tying for 2nd place are @JackGulley and @Gamegurl564. Nice Job guys.
In 3rd place is @anewbie with their nicely aquascaped tank. Good going!

For those members who entered but didn't win, keep improving your tanks and enter a future TOTM contest.

Right now we are accepting entries for a Fish of the Month contest. This month we are focussing on Tetras. If you have a Tetra we hope you enter the FOTM contest.
CLICK HERE to view the Fish of the Month entry thread.

Most reactions

Back