Can't stop clown loaches flicking!

R.T.Cat

Reaction score
Help! my 5 clowns will not stop flicking!! They are all about 3-4 years old and for the last 5 weeks they have continuously flicked. My water tests out fine,i have treated for whitespot,parasites,worms,just about everything i can.I do regular water changes.This is doing my head in,my clowns are now badly scarred and look like they are going to end up killing themselves.Please please help me !!!

Are You sure water params are fine. Ok 5 clown loaches and 3-4 yrs old. They must be pretty big now. What size tank are they in. Maybe it is stress?

You should only treat illnesses that you are sure they have.
The first thing i would have done would turn the temperature up and do a water change each day.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.My clowns are in a 5 foot tank with plenty of space.I treated for whitespot and parasites because these are both diseases that can be present without being seen for a while! Temperature is 78-80 and have done loads of water changes.I'm really stuck!!!

If there are no changes that you can measure in the water, then maybe there are changes that you can't measure. Get in touch with the local water authority and see if they've added something new to the water. If they haven't done anything different, then carry on with the water changes.

What are they flicking on. If it's a stone or ornament, then maybe you could take it out for a while until things calm down.

I don't recommend medicating unless you are sure what you're medicating for - sometimes adding chemicals can do more harm than good, especially for clowns.

I have been told my harlequin shark could possibly be eating the mucus coating off my clowns?! i added the correct dosage of stress coat to my tank tonight and my clowns don't seem to be flicking.It certainly wont do them any harm anyway!!

Most reactions

Back