Cannister Filter

Lorelei

Reaction score
I'm currently setting up a 70 gallon tank (Starphire!) and am having a devil of a time choosing the equipment. It's been 10 years since I last kept a fish tank and the advances in the technology are quite frankly, overwhelming! After much reading and weighing the options, I am leaning towards getting this filter: Eheim 2026 Professionel II Filter

I will be keeping fancy orandas. Probably four if the tank can stand that many. Is this a good choice for filtering that tank? I also plan to plant it quite heavily (if possible..we all know how oranda like plants...ugh) I'd like to lean towards *more* filtration than "just enough" but I am loathe to hang something on the back of the tank to suppliment this filter. If this is not good enough, perhaps I should just go with the larger one?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Lorelei said:
I'm currently setting up a 70 gallon tank (Starphire!) and am having a devil of a time choosing the equipment. It's been 10 years since I last kept a fish tank and the advances in the technology are quite frankly, overwhelming! After much reading and weighing the options, I am leaning towards getting this filter: Eheim 2026 Professionel II Filter

I will be keeping fancy orandas. Probably four if the tank can stand that many. Is this a good choice for filtering that tank? I also plan to plant it quite heavily (if possible..we all know how oranda like plants...ugh) I'd like to lean towards *more* filtration than "just enough" but I am loathe to hang something on the back of the tank to suppliment this filter. If this is not good enough, perhaps I should just go with the larger one?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
I just set up my 72G tank about 6 weeks ago and have that exact same canister (Eheim Pro II 2026). It's very easy to set up and runs virtually silent. It has an adjustable flow control, which is great for feeding and "inside the tank" maintenance times.

However, if you are doing goldfish, then you might want to opt for the next highest canister... I think it's the 2126. Gives you a higher rate of gallons per hour.

Just my $0.02 :D

Or maybe even use 2 canisters, fill one with mechanical media and one with biological with a prefilter. With goldfish you want as much filtration as you can afford.

Most reactions

Back