Canister Filters

agate

Reaction score
What is your experience with canister filters? Do you have a favorite? I'm trying to make my mind up between a Filstar and a Fluval. Is there something better?

Thanks for any response.

Agate :S

OOOOHHHHH!!!!!
I run a fluval 404... and have to keep replacing the impeller.. it's noisy, a chore to clean, and quite expensive to buy substrate/filter media for...

I have been toying with switching to Eheim, i'm that fed up with the fluval

HTH

Kev

:D I have an older model Fluval 303 and agree with kev, they are a real pain to clean! Can't beat the reliability tho, it's at least 10 years in service and quiet! :D

I have the Fluval 104 and i like it, it makes next to no noise!! the media isn't to badly priced. the only thing i don't like about it is the piping it is of the ribbed type i used to have on my older fluval normal piping and found it bent round the tank better. I will be replacing it.

i have Fluval 304 my brother gave me i allready replace ceramic impeller shaft, he replace it with Eheim 2026 and he say that its much better filter and very easy to clean ,he is very please with it ,i now going to change filter with Ehiem 2026 or 2227 wet/dry type just can'take up my mind which one to get any help out there on this.

thanks Fry

I also agree on the Magnums. They are very reliable, quite and you can add bio-wheels to them which reall would kicka*s for biological filtration.

As well if you get the gravel cleaning kit you can clean your gravel without removing any water!! This is great for keeping the gravel spotless in between water changes.

Just a great all around canister filter.

CM

ditto the vote on the magnum. they keep my tanks very clean. the nice thing about the magnum is that they are so versatile. like cm stated you can put biowheels in them. can also use the micron filter to polish the water. best bet for the money.

maggie

Most reactions

Back