Can You Identify This Fish?

cwa

Reaction score
This is the best picture I could get, but could you tell me what kind of loach this is? Is it an angelicus? And can loaches live singly or do they really need a group?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think you are right. Thanks. I read that they need fed small amounts of food several times a day. I feed once a day and skip days once in a while. I am also planning on a week vacation next month. I know the rest of the fish can go that long without food, but can these loaches?

Looks like a yoyo to me (Botia almorhae)

I think its an angelicus botia. Looks just like mine. Here's a pic. It's not the best if you look long enough you can make out three. When they are young the markings are symmetrical, but as the loach age the markings become more polka dot like.

loach.jpg

It is a yoyo, and yes they need to be in groups. If you make sure all of your fish are well-fed before you leave, they should be fine without food for 1 week. I suggest though that you don't buy more loaches before you are back :rolleyes:

Yoyo Loach without doubt. The bigger group you can get the better. Sociable creatures, like their own kind, these can get to a fair size and need a good sized tank.

Most reactions

Back