Can I sneak my baby jumping spider on a plane?

BettaFishGirl

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm currently on vacation right now and found this (very cute) baby jumping spider. Long story short I have him in a small container, and he's already eaten 3 fruit flies over the course of 5 days! My question is: can I take him through TSA in the x-ray screening? Im traveling in the USA I was thinking of making a little hidden compartment in the container for him and then filling it with paper towels and a plant seed so it looks like I'm trying to grow a plant but will the x-ray screening affect him??? Please respond ASAP. Thanks guys!!!!

Last edited:
No spiders! 🧐 No!

That would be funny. I dont think they would spot my spider though, right?

Last edited:
There are too many unanswered questions. Is this an invasive species? If yes, then say no. The law doesn't matter - that's basic ethics.

If they x-ray it and it mutates into a thousand annoying Marvel spider jumping land Bettas, all in different universes and some the size of a T rex, you could really regret that.

There are too many unanswered questions. Is this an invasive species? If yes, then say no. The law doesn't matter - that's basic ethics.

If they x-ray it and it mutates into a thousand annoying Marvel spider jumping land Bettas, all in different universes and some the size of a T rex, you could really regret that.
Very underrated response. Deserves like, useful AND funny ratings.

No these jumping spiders are all over the the place, from where I am now to where I am arriving.

I'm currently on vacation right now and found this (very cute) baby jumping spider. Long story short I have him in a small container, and he's already eaten 3 fruit flies over the course of 5 days! My question is: can I take him through TSA in the x-ray screening? Im traveling in the USA I was thinking of making a little hidden compartment in the container for him and then filling it with paper towels and a plant seed so it looks like I'm trying to grow a plant but will the x-ray screening affect him??? Please respond ASAP. Thanks guys!!!!
as long as you're not from ✨california✨
you can't take anything living in california, but you can take everything out... or the other states don't really mind it.
if you're from here, the seed disguise wouldn't work since they don't allow that

jk it's probably not a good idea, unless you are sure its not invasive.
ct scans seem to have a low frequency, and it shouldn't kill a spider... but i'm not sure

Ok...I am 110% sure they are not invasive. I'm going out of the northeast into the south

Would it not be a question that you should point towards customs and excise, before you travel?

If caught with something that you are not supposed to have and you have tried to disguise it as something different then it is a form of smuggling and i am pretty sure that is not something that is looked upon lightly. It could be a heavy fine or jail in some countries with definite confiscation too.

Ok, I think I might just try to take him in the container. I mean, an empty container isn't anything for the TSA people to be concerned about, right?

You are traveling within the USA

Stash him/her in your luggage, and take it home like a seashell you found

It will be fine

Ok, I will just put him in the carry on at the bottom and just put him in the empty container. This is the container, it can fit in my hand.

Attachments

• IMG_20230712_182034798~2.jpg
    IMG_20230712_182034798~2.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 39

Most reactions

Back