Can I Remove My Airline?

yankee

Reaction score
I've read here and other places that you don't necessarily need an airline/stone etc if you have enough surface movement in your tank. So what do you guys think? Can I ditch mine?

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

yes these pics are terrible.

Thanks for your help, this place is awesome! :) :good: :good: :good:

I never use airlines ect on breeding tanks for sponge filters....Basically because i hate the buzzing from the pump,you dont need it as long as you have surface movement and good filteration.. :good:

Hi yankee :)

If you don't like it, take it out. It looks like you have enough water movement without it.

Actually a good idea that I use that I attach it to my filter so that the bubbles go with my water flow. There is a piece that I use to attach to my filter where the pipe attaches on to and it also really helps to power up my water flow which my cichlids love. If it sounds a bit confusing I will take a picture of the way it works, I think it will really help and look good in your tank. What type of filter do you have? I know pumps can be noisy as I have had 4 of them but this one that I am using is really quiet. I will find out the make tomorrow for you and will also get a picture on of that piece and the system of the way it works.

PS What type of plant is that on the left side of the tank and the one right of the orange pot in the first pic? I have been looking for that kind of plant for ages but never know the name.

PS What type of plant is that on the left side of the tank and the one right of the orange pot in the first pic? I have been looking for that kind of plant for ages but never know the name.

That's just plain old bamboo. I'm not sure of the exact type; I got it at petco lol

The airline is coming out today! Will post back later to let you all know how it goes.

This page finally pushed me to make this thread.

http://www.theaquariumwiki.com/Air_stone

Most reactions

Back