Can Anyone Tell Me What These Are?

daveo_irl

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Came on some live rock and have been trying to I.D for the past 5 days!
Any help would be great!! :D

IMG_6032.jpg

IMG_6031.jpg

Aha...clove polyps mate, anthelia or clavularia...lovely little softy that spread in mats over your rocks...nice little freebie there.

No mate..fully photosynthetic and produce their own food, although can catch very fine particles in the water...like xenia occasion addition of small quantities of iodine can strengthen them and help them to spread.

No mate..fully photosynthetic and produce their own food, although can catch very fine particles in the water...like xenia occasion addition of small quantities of iodine can strengthen them and help them to spread.

Great! I wonder should I move them to a lower level? Some sites say they should be at lower levels with moderate flow/light.

Will do fine at that level..these smaller species will do at most levels..larger species can reach up to 10 cm and stretch up towards the light...seem to be doing fine in your tank at that level. A lot of these statements can be in comparison to the much fussier sps corals.

Will do fine at that level..these smaller species will do at most levels..larger species can reach up to 10 cm and stretch up towards the light...seem to be doing fine in your tank at that level. A lot of these statements can be in comparison to the much fussier sps corals.

Great, I'll leave them be so. They seem to like it where they are anyway.

They look like Jasmim polyp's to me , I brought some for my tank and its really easy to look after, mine is at mid level in a gentle to modarate flow, and they are just left to get on with it, and they spread like crazy and look really nice, ideal to get them for free.

I dose the tank once a day with powdered coral food, not sure if they need it though.

VM

Most reactions

Back