Can Anyone Identify The Breed?

Stingraey

Reaction score
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=53DA2DF0114CB347!120&authkey=!AGowA5aQ2uGcIME

^^^^
I think they are balloon mollies but i am not sure. Can anyone identify the breed. iwoke up to these critters in my tank with no eggs.

I would say they're probably guppies.

You wouldn't have seen any eggs, as guppies, mollies, platies, swordtails and a few others don't lay eggs, they give birth to live fry; that's why they're often known as 'livebearers' :good:

:hi: to the forum, btw :)

hahah thankyou, you are the first person that has spoken to me. congratulations :L

going through my fish tank i think i have found a male and female pair. The fish shop assured me they were all male :L imagine my reaction when i found these lol

ill post a picture up of the maybe "parents"

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=53DA2DF0114CB347!121&authkey=!ABB3RSGOTrKjOpI

:) I love fry.

Look like guppy babies..well atleast a couple of them. Half blacks to boot. One looks Molly to me.. in the middle. You may have a combo there.

They look like guppie fry to me but its hard to tell from the photo. I have guppy and Molly fry at the moment and the guppy fry are smaller and thiner than the molly fry.

You deffently have a male and female molly there though. I usualy find that my molly fry are 75% like their mum, my dalmation molly had fry last week and most were white dalmation and a couple were black (like their dad).

thanks, haha is it possible for guppies to be the dad and mollies to be the mum? all my guppies are male i am pretty sure. hard to tell with the blue cobra ones though.
:)

They look like nothing like guppy fry, too big and too colourful for a guppy that size. They do look like mollies to me. On a side note, you don't have to have to buy a male with livebearers as the females stay pregnant for months after they met a male for an hour and can give birth several times.

Most reactions

Back