Can Anyone Help

lisaw

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi i wonder if anyone can help identify what is wrong with this fish

this is the 2nd one to became ill with the same syptoms

the fish looks like it has lost all its colour and is bent over and apears to be starving to death

can anyone help and point me in the right direction as to what is wrong with it

DSCF0060.jpg

my water stats are all perfect and i do water changes every week, the tank is a trigon 190 litre with a fluval 405 external filter

thanks in advance for any help

from lisa

Hi,

You say your water stats are perfect, how are they?
Was the other dead fish a cherry barb as well? And how long have they been in the tank, did you introduce any new fish or plants recently?
An arched back and finrot be symptoms of general illthrift, due to a poor diet or wrong water parameters.
Or your fish could have tuberculosis. It is contagious, but it can take a long time before the show symptoms. You should put him in quarantine, or euthanise him, has chances to recover are small. As it can even lead to skin infections in humans you should wear gloves when working in the tank.
Another possible disease are worms (capillaria, callamanus). Does he pass different faeces, is anything visible at his anus? Again it is contagious, and you should isolate him, but you will problably need to treat the whole tank. There are several topics on the forum about that, and I don´t have any experience with that myself.
Anyway you should put him in quarantine, but you might not be able to save him.
Good luck :flowers:

it could be anything from internal parasites, fish tb, injury, old age.

What does it look like when the fish goes to the toilet.
Is the anus enalarged or red and inflamed.

Can you post water stats please.
What test kit are you using.

Most reactions

Back