can an African flying fish live with praecox rainbows?

October FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

africanfisharecool

Reaction score
ive got a 55 gallon

1 golden synodontis nigrita
2 synodontis eupterus
1 Glossolepis pseudoincisus
1 Melanotaenia lacustris
1 Glossolepis incisus
2 Melanotaenia praecox
2 Melanotaenia australis
2 Melanotaenia boesemani
3 albino bristlenose pleco

these tank mates, could a single african butterfly do well here, and not consume any of my praecox?

also how do i put a lid if im using a cascade 1000 :(

Questionable lunch.

Rainbows and bristlenose plecos also appreciate flow, while butterfly fish do not.

No, an African butterflyfish will not do well in that tank. The butterflyfish come from slow moving water and sneak up on their food. They occur in soft water and it usually has a pH below 7.0.

Rainbowfish are fast moving surface feeders and will eat all the food before the butterflyfish gets any. Most rainbowfish do best in harder water with a pH above 7.0. Rainbowfish need lots of plant matter in their diet and at least half their diet should be plant based.

Glossolepis incisus and G. pseudoincisus look very similar, but G. pseudoincisus doesn't get as big and is more peaceful.

No, an African butterflyfish will not do well in that tank. The butterflyfish come from slow moving water and sneak up on their food. They occur in soft water and it usually has a pH below 7.0.

Rainbowfish are fast moving surface feeders and will eat all the food before the butterflyfish gets any. Most rainbowfish do best in harder water with a pH above 7.0. Rainbowfish need lots of plant matter in their diet and at least half their diet should be plant based.

Glossolepis incisus and G. pseudoincisus look very similar, but G. pseudoincisus doesn't get as big and is more peaceful.
one day :-(:fish:, ill make a "rainbow tank" but really throw all the fish (including the sunset honey gourami i forgot to mention) and ~60 blue dream shrimp in there lol and keep the African cats and get more than 1 butterfly :fun:and more syno catss loool i want them all

Most reactions

Back