Cae

CPQ

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I recebtly discovered that I have a CAE in my community tank (eek!). I know they have a bad reputation but I just wondered if anyone could tell me a bit more about how bad he's likely to get!? he's only ab9out 2-2 1/2 inches at the min and can be a bit aggressive but nothing that's caused me concern yet. Do i need to start looking into getting him his own tank or something? and how big is he likely to get??

Thanks

They can get a fair size, probably 10". What tank size do you have and what else is in with it?

In addition to what JayJay has askd and said it may be useful posting this in the Cyprinid sub-forum.......
CAEs aren't catfish and i'd have thought you'd get more info there.

How did a fish somehow get into your tank without you knowing it? lol, I wish that I would find free fish in my tank! :shifty:

LOL - I didn't recently find out he was THERE, I recently found out he was a CAE! lol. He was sold at a 'golden loach' and I was told he'd get to be a max of about 2 1/2 inches! :(

Jayjay - it's a 4ftx1ftx16 inches. not entirely sure how many litres about 136?? and it's got lots of things in it - a few gouramis, a plec, neon tetras, umm ... platys, a molly, tiger barbs and a pair of cherry barbs. Oh - and a ruby shark.

I am planning on getting a bigger tank at some point to house some of the fish that are destined to get much much bigger - Plec, shark and a kissing gourami. but it's not something I'm in a position to do particularly soon (back living at home again for the year and simply dont have the space). So - I'm really quite stuck as to what to do if he needs to come out of that tank!

Germ - thanks - I'll have a search on there and see if i can find anything!

Most reactions

Back