Buying Fish Online

pablo182

Reaction score
I have been around all the fish shops in my area and they dont seem to have new speicies that i would like to try keeping, im looking for an intersting dwarf plec to keep, any suggestions ? Also i was wondering if anyone has bought live fish online ?
Was the fish any good ?
Is it worth doing ?

Pablo

I have been around all the fish shops in my area and they dont seem to have new speicies that i would like to try keeping, im looking for an intersting dwarf plec to keep, any suggestions ? Also i was wondering if anyone has bought live fish online ?
Was the fish any good ?
Is it worth doing ?

Pablo

bump

I buy fish online all the time. Its fairly expensive but definately worth it if you are looking for rare species. Its also convenient in that you can talk to the breeder most of the time if you go to auction sites. You can find out the exact foods and water parameters that they were raised in. Shipping is somewhat expensive but most sellers will guarantee live delivery if you get overnight shipping. I have bought dozens of fish online and only had a problem once when the seller didn't use a heat pack in the winter. If done correctly it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Check with the local fish shop if possible and see if they can order the fish for you from a supplier. It'll save you alot of money if it's possible.

If you are looking for endangered or extremely rare fish there is basically no way your local shop will be able to get them. But for just uncommon fish they should be able to help you out. Try to get them to give you them for what their cost was (if they are a good shop they will generally help you out). The shops make more money off supplies than fish so they are generally willing to give you some financial aid.

I buy almost exclusively online and have never had a problem.

Just buy from a reputable dealer but you'd want to do that at a brick and mortar store also.

Most reactions

Back