Buying Fish And Live Plants Online?

bhoffman

Reaction score
So, I am starting to really enjoy this fish keeping!! Its fun. Anyways.. I dont get to the city often to check out the fish and plants but would really love to get some plants ad maybe another fish or two in the future.

Can anyone suggest a good online fish store?

Thanks

Shipping fish in the mail is expensive. Its very rare for one or two fish to be worth it. Your looking at $15-20 for 3 day shipping which usually has no live arrival guarantee so is risky. Next day shipping is usually $30-35. When ordering fish online you can often beat the quality and cost of shops, but you need to be looking to get a lot of fish to make it worth it. Plants are much easier. Sweet aquatics is one cheap plant site, though they do take awhile to process orders.

Thank you. I will check them both out. I basically just want plants at the moment. I want to check out the fish as well.. but mostly just plants. Thanks again!

liveaquaria.com has an awesome selection of live plants and fish. They have a 100% live arrival guarantee or money back, but the fish are insanely expensive! While a barb or catfish may cost like $3, a discus or certain cichlids can go for $70!!!I was looking for cockatoo cichlids on there, and one triple red male is $70 bucks plus shipping :crazy: Plants are pretty cheap though :good:

Sometimes they'll have super sales, though. Like right now, an adult black knife ghost fish is going for only $9.99 :yahoo:

Where are you located?

In the UK the best plant suppliers I have used are Aqua Essentials, The Green Machine, The Aquatic room and Planted Tanks

I've heard good things about Tri-Mar (http://www.tropicalfish.org.uk/) never ordered from them though. I would never buy fish online though because I dont think photos ever show the true colours of a fish.

I've ordered a few plants online though, eBay is good for plants. There is a few good sellers on there.

been after a zebra plec (l46) for a while. None of my locals currently stock :(

Live Aquaria is selling some. However, unless your a millionare and you really, really want the pleco, I suggest you don't spend $449.99 plus shipping on a 3-inch fish :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I either want neon tetras (sooooo common around here) or a school of red spotted rasboras, but they are so hard to find. But I'm apprehensive of buying fishies online :(

I either want neon tetras (sooooo common around here) or a school of red spotted rasboras, but they are so hard to find. But I'm apprehensive of buying fishies online :(
Why are you apprehensive?

They arrive at your house in the same way they would arrive at your LFS, bagged and on the back of a lorry.

I just bought my first fish online (an L201 snowball pleco) and he arrived absolutely fine, a little bit stressed from the move (as they would being transported from anywhere), now he's all settled in and perfect. Why don't you just order some plants as a test run for reassurance? :)

Most reactions

Back