Butterfly problem.

samsung-401

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My butterfly fish is sitting on the bottom of the tank, which of course is not natural. He is also breathing very rapidly. What is happening to him!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Also he has a small pink lump or bite mark on the side of his body. I don't know if it is causing it I thought I'd just add that in.

I also posted this in tropical fish emergansies, since he is an odd fish I thought I would ask.

Its difficult to say what might be wrong with your fish, it could be that another fish has attacked it and caused a injury, it could be the onset of a disease or it could be a tumor of some kind, without actually knowing what is wrong any guesses would be pure specualtion.

In this situation the only thing you can do is keep the water perfect by doing lots of water changes and treat the tank with melafix to prevent bacterial infections from setting in, if the fish is feeding then offering good quallity live foods will often aid the fish in its recovery.

sadly my butterfly fish died the other day, it had been bullied by the bigger buterfly i have and it was either dead and fell or fell down then the lobsters attacked it, when i got back from work i found the fish rather mangled.

Im sorry to hear that paul_v_biker. However I put some meds in today and he seems to be acting a little better, he's not on the bottom like he was two days ago.

Most reactions

Back