Butterfly fish Problem

samsung-401

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My butterfly fish seems to be acting very strange. He is no longer swimming around, now he just sits there on top of my drift wood. When ever he manages to move him self about his body is at an angle, with his head at the surface and his tail pointing down at about a 30 degree angle. He also will not eat anything, not even his favorite crickets. :eek: Your thoughts please.

samsung-401 said:
My butterfly fish seems to be acting very strange. He is no longer swimming around, now he just sits there on top of my drift wood. When ever he manages to move him self about his body is at an angle, with his head at the surface and his tail pointing down at about a 30 degree angle. He also will not eat anything, not even his favorite crickets. :eek: Your thoughts please.
any nitrate readings ?

Is he old ?

have you done a partial water change since noticing this behavior ,or lack of ?

I believe Samsung's Butterfly is quite old. The thing is quite big. I'd say it's about 5 or 6 inches long. I think he's kinda old so, it could just be his age Samsung.. :dunno: :X

StingrayKid said:
I believe Samsung's Butterfly is quite old. The thing is quite big. I'd say it's about 5 or 6 inches long. I think he's kinda old so, it could just be his age Samsung.. :dunno: :X
If that's the case , not much you can do , but try and keep him happy , sorry .

Yes he is pretty old, but he still has all of his color and seems to be in perfect physical health. The day before he started acting funny I had done a water change, so the change in the water chemistry might have caused this. (He is still acting funny though and it has been three days.)

If it is just his age, there is not much I can do but keep him comforatable.

Does anybody know the life span of Butterfly fish? :/

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I woke up this fine thanks giving morning to find my Butterfly swimming at an even more steeper angle. He is almost at a 90 degree angle with the water's surface. What should I do?! :-(

Most reactions

Back