Busy Day Yesterday

andyg81

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have been keeping a close eye on my electric ram for a few days, hes been just hanging near the top of the tank, fins all closed and basically not himself. spoke to the LFS who agreed to take it back and swap it for another (as he had given it me for free a couple of weeks ago) anyway I think the fact that my tank wasnt cycled has effected the fish.

I left the LFS with 3 electric blue rams in total, all at least double to size of mine and they seem to have settled well in the tank. So a few hours after getting home, my filter decided to "pop" off the back of the tank (its only held on with double sized suction cups that are second hand) so back in the tank I go, corrected that and decided while in there to add some led lights that we had been waiting to set up - another hour of messing with cables and tank and it look good, then "pop" off comes the filter again - GRRRRRRRRR

into late evening, and the filter came off again - getting frustrated with it by this point, back in the tank I go. Went to bed and at 3am I heard a loud rumble from downstairs, and knew the filter had come off and risen out the water again so down I go putting it right (yet again) this morning at 6am before work off it comes again

I am waiting for 10 new suction cups to arrive off ebay but in the meantime is there anything I can try to keep it attached to the tank wall underwater till I can fix it better as each time it comes off the tank it raises above the min level which obviously if im not in for 8 hours while at work I dont want to happen

Its not a good idea to have Rams in an uncycled tank as they are very sensitive to water quality and will probably die. I would return them and if you are hell bent on cycling with fish buy a cheaper hardier fish such as dannios until your tank is cycled or better still do a fishless cycle - its much kinder and a lot less work!

If you are going to keep the fish are you testing with an API liquid test kit and doing water changes every day? If not they will be suffering silently! :crazy:

Silicone can't be used under water tho :crazy:

I find sometimes sticking it on above the water line then sliding under the water helps :blink:

atb bae

Some works underwater i believe, i forget the brand

Edit: i think its for ponds

I would just buy some new suction cups - you can get them on Ebay

Thats what he's done :good:

He was after a temp solution but I'd guess the suction cups are there by now :good:

Most reactions

Back