Bumble Bee Catfish?

swayzee_au

Reaction score
Hello all

um my partners mum offered me her bumble bee catfish, just wondering what people thought about them.
the reason why she offered it is because she thinks its really annoying weird aye
if i get good replies and information about it then ill grab it off her and post some pics

cheers

am i in the right section to post this?

they are a nice fish and relatively peaceful. however, they are predators and will eat small fish like neon tetras. If they are kept with fish that don't fit in their mouth they are fine.

Strictly nocturnal, almost never seen during the daylight hours. Peaceful, not even territorial with their own species, but will eat anything that will fit into their wide little mouths.

ok the smallest fish i have atm is a longfin serpae tetra, and hes pretty old too
the bumble bee catfish is roughly 4 to 5 inches, i think shes keen to sell him
i was like so if you cant sell him send it my way lol
are they territorial with corys?

cheers everyone

Damn, she keeps asking if i want to take it lol!!
the smallest fish i have is a longfin serpae tetra then its my bolivian rams and corrys
what do i do lol

Damn, she keeps asking if i want to take it lol!!
the smallest fish i have is a longfin serpae tetra then its my bolivian rams and corrys
what do i do lol
I would say it should be fine. It should not be interested in the deeper bodied tetras, and being mainly nocturnal, you should just make sure that you feed after lights out if you don't see him feeding at normal feeding time. It does depend of course what fish it is you are getting - if it's a pseudomystus siamensis or a microglanis inheringi then you should be fine. Look them up and see if you can match either of them up with the fish you've been offered.
HTH
Martin

Most reactions

Back