Bumble Bee Catfish

Seanyboyrulz

Reaction score
Hi i recently purchased one of these Bumble Bee Catfish from here:

http://www.livefish.com.au/index.php?main_...products_id=393

and i was wondering what else i could feed it beside live blackworms. It is currently in a bare bottom quarantine tank and im hoping to integrate it soon to my main tank and so live blackworms is not an option for me since i hate worms living in the gravel. I was just wondering if the catfish would eat shrimp pellets or spirulina algae discs or just frozen bloodworms in the worm feeders.

Thanks for any help

My BumbleBee Cats eat just about anything frozen blood worms and brine shrimp are appreciated Mine eat sinking bottom feeder sticks and flakes... Also how was Livefish.com.au as an Aussie aswell I have though about buying off there

I too am interested in finding out how Livefish.com.au was in transporting and dealing with. Where are they based? I think they are based in Brisbane could be wrong tho

I don't mean to critisize, but what are you going to do if it won't eat that?

lol i use to have one of those guys. Bought him without knowing he was a killer! At night i would hear a weird buzzing noise and found out thats what he did when he ate something. I was wondering where all my fish kept going. Be careful if you out him in a tank with smaller fish.

My BumbleBee Cats eat just about anything frozen blood worms and brine shrimp are appreciated Mine eat sinking bottom feeder sticks and flakes... Also how was Livefish.com.au as an Aussie aswell I have though about buying off there

Thanx for the info.

Well i had a small issue with Australian Air Express about my fish order from Livefish.com.au. That resulted in my fish being in transit for about 2 full days and in the end three fish arrived dead. I don't really know who to blame cause AAE kept saying that Daniel (the guy from Livefish.com.au) should not have sent out fish on a prepaid consignment note and Daniel said that AAE is just screwing around with me, but in the end their Guarantee of fish arriving alive or the cost of the dead fish reimbursed back to you (obviously without postage) kicked in and i managed to get the money i paid for the dead fish back.

My advice would be if you plan on ordering from Livefish.com.au that you talk with Daniel and arrange with him another form of delivery or pester AAE as soon as the package leaves for delivery. Oh and yes they are located somewhere near Brisbane (Carindale QLD).

Lord Spooky im gonna move him into my 200L main tank along with two Praecox (Neon Rainbowfish) who are currently in the small quarantine tank with him.. no issues so far. Do you think that would be ok? The rest of the fish already in the tank are bigger than him.

K.J. ill just search relentlessly for another option or end up donating him to my LFS.

Bozza, do you think the bumble bee catfish would come out and go to the worm feeder to feed?

Thats good for me that Livefish.com.au live at Carindale, Brisbane. Its a 10-15min drive from me hehe. Thats good you got your refund for the dead fish. Sucks about AAE screwing you around. I'm not sure about wither it will come out and feed from the feeder because they are very nocturnal. Maybe if you feed them alittle while after lights out. Also if possible you could place food inside their cave. Thats wat I do for my raphael. My gf (VampirePlec) has a bumble bee catfish she mite have something else to add. Do you have a smaller tank that could be just the bumble bee's tank? Sorry I couldnt be of more help

Thats good for me that Livefish.com.au live at Carindale, Brisbane. Its a 10-15min drive from me hehe. Thats good you got your refund for the dead fish. Sucks about AAE screwing you around. I'm not sure about wither it will come out and feed from the feeder because they are very nocturnal. Maybe if you feed them alittle while after lights out. Also if possible you could place food inside their cave. Thats wat I do for my raphael. My gf (VampirePlec) has a bumble bee catfish she mite have something else to add. Do you have a smaller tank that could be just the bumble bee's tank? Sorry I couldnt be of more help

Well i do have a smaller tank... but thats setup temporarily in my room as a quarantine tank and i hate the air pump's constant droning (i got a really crappy pump i picked up from some supermarket) so that would not be an option for me. I initially bought the Bumble Bee it cause it seemed exotic and cause i wanted a catfish in my tank... i think ill just go with introducing it into my main display tank. Ill probably just drop the cube of bloodworms into the water and hope that the bumble bee would eat the ones that fall to the bottom.. Will that work?

Most reactions

Back