Bubblenest

No big deal I've bred twice with a male that makes pathetic bubble nests, if you can get a hold of some bubble wrap just put a small square of that in the tank with half a polystyrene cup sitting ontop of it to make him think it is a good place to place his eggs (you can get your bubble wrap from places like Staples or any stationery shop, the polystyrene cups I bought from Sainsbury's or somewhere that caters for party's etc . throw away cups are very useful).

The male puts the eggs into the air pockets in the bubble wrap and it is great for the fry cause they can hang in the airpockets when they are born ... just like they would do if they had a bubble made by their dad. :nod:

Amerce is correct, not really a problem.

I've also just started using Riccia and its excellent for that too, my males don't bother blowing bubbles anymore :lol:

Joby. Doesn't riccia grow too fast to be a problem (i.e overcrowding the surface)???

I have some riccia and I may just try it next time I spawn some bettas!

-Ian

Have only used it for about 2 weeks but so far so good. I have plenty of tanks to transfer it into if it runs amok!

What would it mean if my male didn't make a bubble nest if I was trying to breed him? :/

Krystal

Hi Krystal,

:hi: to TFF! How much experience do you have with bettas? If you're fairly new, you might want to check out this link about breeding bettas http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=37944 before you decide to move forward. Feel free to ask questions on the boards as there are plenty of friendly people here with lots of experience that can help you out. :-

Totaly agree with JoltNbolt about reading the pinned topic and asking the people on here! Everyone is really nice and are a great help they have helped me out absolutely loads :thumbs: ! You are definately in the right place for when you need help and advice!

Most reactions

Back