Bubble Nest?

H-Fish

Reaction score
Hay Guys,

In my tank there is a small section where there in no current and there are small small bubbles quite a few but i dont think it is a bubble nest!!!

I have placed a plastic lid area in the tank so he if he wants to do a bubble nest he can!!!

Any more ideas???

Cheers H

I have already given you some advice on this.

Have you now decided you want to breed them? And hows your setup now? male and female in the same tank divided?

James

Hay Guys,

In my tank there is a small section where there in no current and there are small small bubbles quite a few but i dont think it is a bubble nest!!!

I have placed a plastic lid area in the tank so he if he wants to do a bubble nest he can!!!

Any more ideas???

Cheers H

Hi, I'm sorry but I don't think anyone can give you anymore advise, I can't understand why want your male to build a bubblenest so much in such a setup and are continually disregarding everyone elses comments by not even responding to us and then starting new threads all over again about getting your male to bulid a bubblenest? I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but I don't know what you expect us to say.

I have tanken all on board!!! and think what u put is Very harsh!!!

Since my few 1st threads i have bought a new 5 Gal tank for my male fighter so he and she wont fight and im looking into breeding them!

Im tryin to gather more knowledge but clearly see i need to find it somewhere else!!!

Regards H-Fish

Well I havent seen you state your intentions. Rather than start a new thread each time, you could possibly add to your other thread. You need to tell us that you now want to breed.
Hows your setuo now? Have you research into breeding?

James

there is no magic solution/tricks to "make" a male bubblenest. it is up to instinct, conditioning and when they feel like it.
even some seasoned breeders find it difficult with certain males they wish to breed and have to abandon that particular fish for breeding purposes.
your fish will build a nest when he's ready and able to do so.
cheers

A new 5G can be used as the spawning tank. But you will need another 2-3 foot tank (EMPTY) for when the fry grow older.
Each tank should have a heater and a cycled filter. With live plants and IAL to induce spawning.
The pair need to be conditioned seperatly on pellets and live foods for 2 weeks.

Before me giving you more advice, what is the current set-up like?

Hi,

Just a thought. . .IMO, breeding fish is comparable to breeding cats/dogs. You should have a plan of what to do with the babies when they're born. If you do have a plan, sounds like you'll be a great fish parent.

Re: bubble nests. One of my males builds them on and off, but none of the other ones do. Not sure why, but they just don't. One of my females built one a while back, which was odd, but she never did it again (she for sure is a female - has the white spot.) My veil tale has a nest he's keeping up right now. The set up is a 5-gallon with a heater, filter (covered with foam) and LOTS of silk plants. After I put the additional plants in, he began building his mega nest. The temp in the tank is 80 deg. F.

Do you have any indian almond leaves? Bettas like those. You can buy packets of them on eBay for a few bucks and if you just have a single tank, that packet will last months!

Oh, and don't be offended by the posts here. Betta owners seem to be especially opinionated :) lol

OP - Get a grip.

If you don't give all the information on exactly what you are trying to do and why you need help then no-one can help you. When people give you frank and honest advice, they are not being harsh so calm down and stop whingeing, we want to help but unless you are more clear in your posts then we won't be able to and it's irritating .

Far too many people in here seem unable to cope with plain honesty, minus the sweetly sweetly coating and see "attacks" where there are none. :grr:

OP - Get a grip.

If you don't give all the information on exactly what you are trying to do and why you need help then no-one can help you. When people give you frank and honest advice, they are not being harsh so calm down and stop whingeing, we want to help but unless you are more clear in your posts then we won't be able to and it's irritating .

Far too many people in here seem unable to cope with plain honesty, minus the sweetly sweetly coating and see "attacks" where there are none. :grr:

+1 but I feel we wont be seeing a reply from the OP

James

OP - Get a grip.

+1 but I feel we wont be seeing a reply from the OP

James
Well, that happens. I still do not understand why people think they're equiped to handle breeding bettas. You cannot just bring one home and say, "oh, what a pretty fish." I'll take 100 fry. Isn't breeding bettas serious and takes A LOT of time/equipment and thought before proceeding? People cannot handle that honesty. That's one of two things I refuse to budge my opinion on. The other is sororities. I think they're a bad idea.

Most reactions

Back