Bristlenose

techen

Wolf Overlord
Reaction score
How would I get about feeding him, Am guessing hes too stressed out at the moment to eat but he's a somewhat big pleco from what am used to. I have Pleco wafers, would I just drop one close to him or?

20121204_133635-1.jpg

Yes, drop one in near his hang out.

If you find the other fish stealing it, you might have to feed him after the tank lights go out.

Don't forget the fruit and veg as well as prepared foods!

Lovely fish, very handsome chap :)

Did you try giving it pleco wafers?
Is it a new fish to the aquarium?

it looks beautiful by the way :)

Yes, drop one in near his hang out.

If you find the other fish stealing it, you might have to feed him after the tank lights go out.

Don't forget the fruit and veg as well as prepared foods!

Lovely fish, very handsome chap
smile.png

I love bristlenoses, Just love them and I got this guy very cheap so am quite happy. What kind of veg can I feed him? :p

Did you try giving it pleco wafers?
Is it a new fish to the aquarium?

it looks beautiful by the way
smile.png

He is new yea.

Mine eat; bell peppers, tomato (end slice with no seeds), sweet potato (might need to be cooked to soften slightly), apple, broccoli stalks (split and blanched), peas (lightly cooked and deshelled), melon rinds, lettuce (a good green one, not iceberg, blanched) . You can try carrot, lightly cooked, but none of my plecs touch it.

'Blanching' just means putting it in a jug or cup, pouring boiling water over it and leaving it to soften. The time it takes to make a cup of tea for yourself is about the right length of time to leave it in the hot water, then just drain it and let it cool.

Stab the veg with a stainless steel teaspoon to get it to sink :good:

Mine eat; bell peppers, tomato (end slice with no seeds), sweet potato (might need to be cooked to soften slightly), apple, broccoli stalks (split and blanched), peas (lightly cooked and deshelled), melon rinds, lettuce (a good green one, not iceberg, blanched) . You can try carrot, lightly cooked, but none of my plecs touch it.

'Blanching' just means putting it in a jug or cup, pouring boiling water over it and leaving it to soften. The time it takes to make a cup of tea for yourself is about the right length of time to leave it in the hot water, then just drain it and let it cool.

Stab the veg with a stainless steel teaspoon to get it to sink
good.gif

Thank you for the tips, Might have a go at it once he gets suited to the tank. He's just laying under my massive bit of wood upside down :p

Fish can take time to get used to the aquarium. i got a black guppy 2 days ago and i would say now that its eating and getting used to the direction the food goes when moved around by the current

Fish can take time to get used to the aquarium. i got a black guppy 2 days ago and i would say now that its eating and getting used to the direction the food goes when moved around by the current

My tetras and corys eat fine, first day too. Just seems like my pleco would rather sit on wood.

It sort of looks like they're the wood (I've got a Pleco too!)

TekFish :good:

Yea, you can hardly see them compared to the wood.

Oh sorry I meant it looks like they're sucking the wood, I fail at typing ;)

TekFish :good:

Most reactions

Back