Bristlenose Weird Colour?

sangah10

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I noticed that my 2 bristle noses go to a very light colour sometimes. I just did some redecorating and they seem to be very light in colour. The tail is a tiny bit transparent..they appear to be acting normal and stuff.

they go darker to their normal colour again after a while, but even if i dont do redocrating or anything sometimes it just happens randomly. is this normal?

what is it ?

is this bad ?

yea its fine my pleco changes colour as well and mine must be 2 1/2 years old now and is very big!

Our two do it in front of us
One minute tehy're alovely normal colour, then the look bleached almost and then before you knwo it they've changed again.

god i thought they were reacting to the water properties, thanks alot guys

god i thought they were reacting to the water properties, thanks alot guys

colour change is usually reflected in stress, BN's and commons/gibby's tend to be the most common on seeing the patches, but colour changes can be caused by water quality i think its excess mucus growth or somethink like that.

I have noticed mine are darker when rasping on bogwood but when on sand substrate the colour appears lighter and some patches can be seen on the head area. I thought it may be a blending in to the background kind of thing. They always show light colours (alot lighter) if I am moving them or rearranging the tank.

Most reactions

Back