Bristlenose Plec

Knox213

"A Coup D'tat"
Reaction score
Buying one for my 48 gallon.

Need some help..

do they have personalitys as such I.E : Know you kind of ?

No they dont, i have a breeding pair and lots of babies at the moment. Great to watch but often quickly hide when you walk past the tank. The babies swamping a piece of cucumber is great, but i am afraid they wont recognise you in my little experience.

I have 2 juvis and they tend to hide if you want to look in the tank, the bigger one out of the two like hiding under a crab shell I have in the tank, like potato, carrot and occassionaly bloodworm :good:

ooh i heard some catfish actuly know who there owners are :) oh wel lim still getting a bristlenose anyway :D

My Bristlenose seem like they hate each the male chases the female out of the logs, never seen any eggs and they constantly squabble and looks like arguing in the tank one day I might receive eggs I hope.

my female in my 130 gallon doesnt hide from me ever, infact i follow it around on the glass with my finger, i can put my net right beside it without it freaking out, i have yet to try with my hands. that BN plec is only 2.5-3 inches long too

It's in a tank of 3ft whatever that works out in gallons no idea haha

3ft sounds around 35 gallon? somthing like that.

should be fine fora bristlenose..

Awesome well he just chases her a lot and she tends to be very aggressive back to him, the tank is 26-28 C/79-83 F see no complaints from the fish.

My BN's both common and L144's never hide when I go near and when I put veggies in the tank they are on it even before I get my hand out of the tank

what do L144's look like?

They are lemon bristlenose with black eyes. These are youngsters munching on broad beans

lemons2.jpg

Most reactions

Back