Brisstlenose Plec

MICKEYSWIFT

Reaction score
I have a bristlenose plec and sometimes he goes patchy white on his back, and when you go to look at him again an hour or so later hes back to normal colour again.
I dont think its anything serious but just curious to why they do it.
Ive heard its a sign of happiness, but if someone could comfirm it that would be ideal.
Thanks

It can be, my candy striped plecos do this from time to time, if you accidently shock them, they will go pale, but in a few minutes they will be fine again
rolleyes.gif

A lot of fish change colour at different times.

They mostly go pale if they're stresssed or frightened and much darker when they're cross. My male tiger barbs go almost black when they're jaw wrestling.

Some ( a lot of cichlids, like discus and angels do this) get more pronounced stripes when they're stressed :)

Some ( a lot of cichlids, like discus and angels do this) get more pronounced stripes when they're stressed
smile.gif

It's sad when they do this, if i walk past quickly i can scare them
unsure.gif

Aww; the trick is to teach them to like you! Save feeding them until after you do something like water change or switch the light on. Don't give them one or two big feeds; just give them a tiny bit every single time you walk past; they'll very soon come 'running' when they see you :)

Most reactions

Back