Breeding

Peanut0701

Reaction score
when the fish that i currently have die i want to breed fish that are easy to breed and will fit in a 1.77 gallon tank and something that a store wouldn't have much of i was thinking african clawed frogs would that be easy?

No idea about breeding those frogs, but you won't get much, if anything to fit in a 1.77 gallon tank. Whether its imperial gallons or US gallons you won't fit much in that except shrimp. Fish need space, and thats before you take into account breeding, they just need space - period.

No idea about breeding those frogs, but you won't get much, if anything to fit in a 1.77 gallon tank. Whether its imperial gallons or US gallons you won't fit much in that except shrimp. Fish need space, and thats before you take into account breeding, they just need space - period.
Agree. The only thing that will work imo are shrimps or snails but shrimps need good water conditions which you might struggle to keep in a 1.77G. A tank about 10-20G will give you alot more options.

I'm not trying to be rude but with a single 1.77 gallon tank you should not be thinking about breeding any type of fish. Breeding most fish requires multiple tanks much bigger than a 1.77 gallon and a lot more equipment and money.

To breed one species of the rainbows I had took 3 tanks at the minimum. One tank to house/breed the adults, one tank to hatch the eggs and raise the fry to a certain size, and 1 to 3 tanks depending on how many made it to juvenile size to grow them out to sale able size. I had 167 reach juvenile size out of just one "mop" of eggs that I pulled. 167 one inch juveniles require quite a bit of space to house :)

as an ACF owner I will tell you straight out that your tank is massively too small. for ONE ACF you need a 10 gallon tank.

also, as someone who is breeding their frogs - - it is by no means an "easy" creature to breed and requires a lot of time and dedication.

perhaps a few shrimp for your tank? they are supposed to be easy breeders...

but again, you should look into a much bigger tank....nothing is really acceptable for the tank you own.

Ok sorry everyone but i am a begginer i used to have a 10 gallon with 2 black skirt tetras, 2 plecos, 5 cardinal tetras, 2 african dwarf frogs and yes i know the difference between them. Now i am getting back into the hobby.

Most reactions

Back