Breeding Tank

1patrick1

Reaction score
i have a 60l tank with betta females and another 60l community tank with a male betta in it. now i want to get a tank for breeding the bettas. what size should this tank be?

I use 5-10 gallon tanks for my breeding tanks. I have seen it been done with 3 gallons though.

I always used a standard 24 x 12 x 12 tank to breed them in. The average brood is around 150 fry.... so think ahead about what you're going to do some 3 weeks after they become free swimming....

i have a 60l tank with betta females and another 60l community tank with a male betta in it. now i want to get a tank for breeding the bettas. what size should this tank be?

I use 10 gallon for breeding and a 20 gallon for the females after the 3-4 week period for growout then if need be I move to a 40gal tank for growout and start seperating the males out when necessary. I am actually designing a betta wall this year for my male bettas it makes it easier to house them and grow them out.
You can end up with 20 fry and you could also end up with 300 fry so .....

Better to plan ahead well in advance as well as live food for fry to eat etc.

Yupp you'll need a 5-10 gallon for breeding, I think 10 works the best, but I've seen it done in as small as 2 gallons! But you'll also need a 20-30 gallon for a growout!

Most reactions

Back